Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Welcome 'Chelle

And a big giant sleepy Howdy to 'Chelle. She is brand new to the Barn, and will be a welcome addition.

How long until others join her? This brings me to another issue.

As I pointed out last weekend (and copied below, just in case you missed it), I willingly temporarily destroyed Monkey Barn in order to get off the Google Search Page for Brittany Bratt.

I did this for my people, to avoid the conflict of interest. Was I thanked? No, but never mind that for now.

As a necessary step, I had to remove everyone who was a member. I fully intended to bring just about everyone back. It just takes a couple of days to get things in motion.

In the meantime, I thought I would give the new people I plan on asking a moment in the sun before they are engulfed by the regulars.

Bear used to be a Monkey Barn guy but I forced his resignation some months ago. I WAS TOTALLY WRONG TO DO THIS, and in apology, I asked him to come back first, to show my contrition.

This morning we welcome 'Chelle. There may be a few others.

You would think after all the loyalty I have shown my Barners, they could trust me a little.

You obviously have not met them. I have already been inundated with emails complaining/asking what is going on. I have been on so many guilt trips in two days my passport is full!

People, have you seen the home page lately? The quotes? The stories? Can you guess the mood I am in? From this point on, any emails whining about temporarily being removed will be posted on here so we all may mock you until your hair falls out. This goes for comments too.

In the meantime, welcome once again to 'Chelle. Enjoy your time in the sun. And welcome back to Bear: you never should have left. In the hours and days to come some of your favorite Barners will be back as well, and the Barn will live ever on.

Unless I get so aggravated I am forced to hire hit men and put contracts out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't bother inviting me back. I can't take the confusion.

Chelle said...

TIIIIIIIIFFFFFF----- Come on.... Pleeeeeeeeease.......

Sea Hag said...

First off, welcome 'Chelle and welcome back Bear!

Secondly...(and I'm going to shuck the Sea Hag persona here for a minute) I'm not going to claim to understand the leap of logic it took to decide that, because people were upset over that Brittany Bratt picture (which I thought was kinda funny), the Barn should go on hiatus. But I'm not in charge so I'm just gonna roll with it. Sometimes people have things going on in real life that need attending to and maintaining a blog site is going to be pushed to the bottom of your pile of worries for a while.

That being said...it's a BLOG, people. It's meant to be fun. So why some folks are getting actually upset about not being able to post for a while is totally beyond me.

To be honest, I think that if you really are having such a reaction to the site being down for a while, you might want to consider taking a time out yourself. When it stops being fun and starts causing headaches for you and others, there's a major problem there.

Don't get me wrong, I want to post some more Love is a Battlefield myself and direct the flames of my internal scorn furnace at those who dare to cross me, but I'm cool to wait until such time as Hyperion is ready to take the reigns again. And if that doesn't happen...then Sea Hag will have to find a new home. But that's OK because damn....it is just a blog.

love,
Sea Hag

Skittles said...

since when is being locked out of a blog fun?!? i'm one annoyed red head.

tiff said...

sae hag - I hear what you're saying, but not all of us have the inside scoop on what's going on in people's private lives that might interefere with them maintaining a group blog.

What I was not too pleased with was the manner in which the changes were made. It's all fine and dandy to be laid back and wait until the situation passes, which I was fine to do, but the point at which I got ticked was when it was apparent we'd all been disinvited from the clubhouse and shut out.

Yeah, I know, "get a life Tiff" is perfectly appropriate right now. I know, I know, I should. But to be in something as fun as MB and then to be locked out, left to peer in the windows while other people were having fun inside, was difficult.

And now, I'm over it.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Welcome aboard Chelle, you're not alone anymore! (you *sure* you don't want the place to yourself??) ;)

Dragon said...

Glad to be back! Now, let us never speak of this again.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

The boss lady has spoken! Never cross paths with a master chef! :)