Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Very Enthusiatice Mother Just Sat Upon Nothing?

I remember learning this for knowing the 9 planets order in 7th grade - "my very enthusiastic mother just sat upon nine pins" guess no more

Astronomers say Pluto is not a planet
AP - PRAGUE, Czech Republic - Leading astronomers declared Thursday that Pluto is no longer a planet under historic new guidelines that downsize the solar system from nine planets to eight. After a tumultuous week of clashing over the essence of the cosmos, the International Astronomical Union stripped Pluto of the planetary status it has held since its discovery in 1930.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn It!
Now it will go:
my very enthusiastic mother
just sat upon nine

:o

Tracy Lynn said...

Bastards! I'm taking Pluto out for drinks. He's devastated.