Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ajax's QotD: No lumps of coal around here

What was the absolute coolest Christmas gift you ever got as a kid? No sharsies with other siblings, no group gifts. Something with your name on it, straight from the North Pole. Bonus points if you actually throught Santa brought to for you.

Aside from the Ajax-household-traditional carton of cigarettes on Christmas morning, one Christmas long ago I got the Star Wars AT-AT, probably better known to the non-twerpy folks who watched The Empire Strikes Back and marvelled at the ultraasskicking snowwalkers, which sent the Rebel dogs running for their lives. A great big awkward gray lump of noise-making, battery-operated plastic, also known as the best present evah!

3 comments:

Dragon said...

When I was about 5 years old, my parents gave me a porcelain doll for Christmas. She had long curly blonde hair and blue eyes that opened and closed. She also had a pretty pink and white dress with matching white shoes. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I wish I still had her.

Skittles said...

My dollhouse, hands down, the best ever present. I remember after unwrapping it, my mom & aunt spending so much time "putting it together" for me which seemed to include playing w/ it. Guess it brought out the kid in all the gals that day. And I still have it - stored in a box.

lost goddess said...

I never had Christmas in my house. My father's parents where Jehovah's witness and we lived with them when I was 4 until I was almost 6 and when my parents got back together we moved out leaving us with no practicing religion. So I just automatically assumed we still could not celebrate holidays.

Now we celebrate but we suck at buying gifts for each other. But I can tell you the best gift I ever gave. It was a movie basket. I bought my dad a DVD he really wanted, and put popcorn, beef jerky, a six pack of coke, nuts and boxed candy (sugar babies his fav and mine. just like the sell at the movies)in a basket. he loved it. It was perfect