Thursday, March 09, 2006

They're totally Zany!

Hyperion was doing some research for a Top Ten list next week, and we came across one of the greatest Cartoon Theme songs of all time: The Animaniacs. Now these are some dudes I can get behind. (And if Hyperion compares my work ethic to that of Dot, Yakko and Wakko, well, I take that as a compliment.)

I have below one of the renditions of their theme song (for the truly stupid out there, the words were changed slightly each time). I liked it so much I changed the motto. But don't tell Hyperion. He told me I am not allowed to touch the motto or the Quote of the Day, but luckily since he gave up Monkey Barn for Lentils he won't know as long as I put it back. Hee hee.


It's time for An-i-man-i-acs
And we're zany to the max
So just sit back and relax
You'll laugh till you collapse
We're An-i-man-i-acs

Come join the Warner brothers
And the Warner sister Dot
Just for fun we run around the Warner movie lot
They lock us in the tower whenever we get caught
But we break loose...
And then vamoose...
And now you know the plot

We're An-i-man-i-acs
Dot is cute and Yakko yaks
Wakko packs away the snacks
While Bill Clinton plays the sax
We're An-i-man-i-acs

Meet Pinky and the brain
Who want to rule the universe
Goodfeathers flock together,
Slappy wacks 'em with her purse
Buttons chases Mindy
While Rita sings a verse
The writers flipped
We have no script
Why bother to rehearse

We're An-i-man-i-acs
We have play for play contracts
We're zany to the max
There's baloney in our slacks
We're An-i-man-ee
Totally and zany
Here's the shows namey
An-i-man-i-acs
Those are the facts!

3 comments:

Skittles said...

Man - the two of you are a good decade behind! The shows theme is awesome and many of the songs on there too - I love the cd!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Tonight, we are going to take over the world!

Sea Hag said...

what happened to this show? And I think the Freakazoid theme is better.