Friday, March 24, 2006

I've kind of gotten out of the habit of making posts, so I don't know what to talk about.

I would give a huge recap of LOST, which was fantastic Wednesday, but I know most of you losers aren't into it. My only slight frustration is with waiting so long between episodes, sometimes I lose the thread a bit. I understand why they do it, but still. (On the flip side, I bet LOST will kick major ass on DVD, when you can watch whole bunches of them together.)

I know what I want to mention. NBC is encoring their new show HEIST tonight. (Normally it shows on Wednesdays.) The set-up is that a group of thieves are trying to steal an entire town.

Well, maybe that's a bit much, but at least Rodeo Drive. The plan is to do it during the Oscars, when all the expensive jewelry is moving in.

The program has dual narratives, with the thieves as the main characters, and the detectives trying to chase them down highlighted as well.

Critics have trashed the pilot, and I guess I see where they are coming from. It's slick and doesn't take itself seriously. But I liked that. I found the chemistry to be awesome. Highlights: the two main thieves, a black guy and white guy, arguing obscure Catholic Theology and big butts in the same conversation.

(One wonders who Mother Theresa felt about booty)

A black cop and his seemingly racist Irish partner.


(the chick is in charge, but the guys are the funny ones)

Oh, and this old dude who makes jokes and punches out his fellow thieves.

The one liners are pretty funny, it doesn't take itself too seriously, and had a fun feel. Heist is taking the Law & Order spot the next few weeks. If you're home tonight give the Encore a spin, and see if you like it.

No comments: