Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sea Hag is sick. Again.

You know what the worst part about being sick is? I mean, besides the copious amounts of phlegm and non-sexy hacking and coughing? It's the overwhelming amount of crazy remedies that people suggest to you. Most have to do with disgusting combinations of food or alcohol. Yesterday a friend of mine told me to eat raw garlic or raw ginger. I suppose this doesn't really cure anything, but temporarily diverts your attention from your cold to your uncontrollable puking. I've also been told repeatedly to drink a few shots of whisky, also with the same intention of making me concentrate on barfing instead of boogers.

So far chamomile tea with lots of honey has made me feel better. But I think it's because I love the Celestial Seasonings bear on the package of tea and not the tea itself.

love (and snot)
Sea Hag

9 comments:

Dragon said...

Whenever I was sick, my dad would make me drink a combination of warm brandy, sugar and a raw egg. I don't remember it working but it did warm my chest on the why down.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Fatma said...

Tru. Tru. True. About the crazy suggested medication. I have a not crazy but good one. One lemon pressed in a lil bit of real good honey taken before bed always works!
Bon retablissement!
Fitèna

Skittles said...

great grams' cure for stuff ickiness was a honey whiskey lemon mix - honey coats ur sore throat - whiskey dull the pain (& can help knock ya out) - lemon cuts thru the mucus

Skittles said...

and hopefully you know - all these comments mean we loves ya - even w/ all those germs and snot

Sea Hag said...

you guys are all so funny.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Awwww Sea Hag,
You may think it's funny, but it'snot

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
:) ljs

Hyperion said...

I could make you some soup...

SOO-OOOP?

Sea Hag said...

You come make me some sooo-oooooup anytime, sweetie.

Joseph Boyd said...

You're probably better or nearly there by now, but my suggestion would be to break arm. You will forget all about the germs.