Thursday, March 02, 2006

What I'm giving up for Lentils




I wrote yesterday that the Lentils Observation had caught me off-guard, and I didn't know what to give up. I thought about it all day, and have come to the conclusion that I should give up Monkey Barn. I do this because Monkey Barn is very important to me, and to make Lentils meaningul you're supposed to give up something you care about.

But fear not: I have corralled my worthless River Midget Interns, and told them they had to take over Monkey Barn. Little Tobias (the son) leaped at the opportunity.

For those of you not familiar with the River Midgets, I rescued them from an evil department store some years ago. I have written about them several times, the earliest occasion in #151: Mail Bag.

Anyway, I told Tobias he could post whatever he wanted (including taking over the links; I shudder at the thought), and if I ever had something that needed to go up here, he'd do it for me. For example, I have all my Oscar Snubs from this year, and of course tomorrow I'm posting my Oscar picks for our Contest. Tobias will now have to take care of that for me.

Please be kind to Tobias, not because he's a River Midget, but because he doesn't know much about computers (so the links might be primitive for awhile and such.) Frankly, if he was a decent intern he'd know more, but Tobias has spent most of his time with his other little friends. He joined a group demanding that little people be called "Micro Americans." I've been meaning to write about the conference he went to last summer; maybe I'll have him do it now that he's back in the fold.

Anyway, I'll still post on the other sites, but until the Lentils are cooked, Tobias will be posting here. Thanks for your understanding.

PS I'm also giving up swearing, because my woman is, and chicks like it when guys support them. Don't ask me why.


2 comments:

lost goddess said...

Everybody likes support!!!

Sea Hag said...

F*** that s*** dude, I'm not giving up any m*****F****** cussing for L***.