Thursday, August 16, 2007

Country song titles

Readers of New York magazine were asked to invent country-song titles. Here are some entries:

- Ain't No Trash In My Trailer Since The Night I Threw You Out

- You Wanted To Get Hitched, But My Heart Is Filled With Whoa

- Baked My Sweetie A Pie, But He Left With A Tart

- I Lost My Honey Bunny On A Bad Hare Day

- She Chews Tobacco, But She Didn't Choose Me

- The Peach I Picked In Georgia Didn't Cling To Me For Long

- Don't Want That Floozy In My Jacuzzi

- I Found The Recipe For Heartbreak In A Cookbook On Your Shelf

- Now That We're Miserable, I Hope You're Happy


People, these are good, but I think we can do better! Come on, Barn! Let's make up some country music songs!

(As a special bonus, I will personally email the lyrics of the country music song I wrote in 10th grade called "Take Your Lips From Me Darlin', I'm About To Spit." The lyrics are so vulgar that I cannot even print them in Hyperion X. So, you got a lot to shoot for here!)

1 comment:

Bohemian in Korea said...

Bohemian in Korea said...
"Ode to a big woman...You're my warmth in the winter and shade in the summer" (best if said with a downeast maine accent)

"My P.A.R.O.L.E. just became final today!"

"I'm missing you every night when I walk in the door cuz your lil sister don't cook so good"