Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oh those Mountain Meadows.

I saw this preview a few weeks ago on a new video, but I didn't review it yet because I mistakenly thought the movie came out in September:

SEPTEMBER DAWN


My Take - This film is about the Mountain Meadows Massacre, which happened September 11, 1857...at the hands of Mormons and instigated--at least according to the movie--by Brigham Young. Uh, can you say controversy? I've even seen some bloggers claim the movie is an attempt to derail Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, which I find laughable. (Being a Mormon might eventually do him in, but not this movie.)

Anyway, the film comes out Friday, so expect t hear quite a bit about it in the next few weeks. As for the trailer, it seems pretty standard. The film could be great or it could suck. Here's guessing that becomes the least part of the story.

No comments: