Friday, August 31, 2007

The Way Engineers Think

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.

Engineer: What's with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!

Doctor: I don't know but I've never seen such ineptitude!

Priest: Hey, here comes the greenskeeper. Let's have a word with him.

Priest: Hi George. Say George, what's with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow aren't they?

George: Oh yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight while saving our club house last year. So we let them play here anytime free of charge!

(silence)

Priest: That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.

Doctor: Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy and see if there's anything he can do for them.

Engineer: Why can't these guys play at night?

3 comments:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Yes yes yes, we are the smart ones of the bunch aren't we? Although the constant use of L-O-G-I-C may seem a bit callous to some.

Hyperion said...

See, that's funny, because I thought the joke illustrated that while engineers can come up with a technically correct answer, it is often clueless or even callous.

And dammit if you didn't back me up.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

It IS in my contract to always be behind you, you wrote that in 'specially.