Monday, August 06, 2007

Trailer Review (Part 2 of 3)

More Trailers that I saw last Thursday in the Theatre:

FRED CLAUS


My Take: They are billing this as "from the producers of WEDDING CRASHERS," but it seems more like THE SANTA CLAUSE 4: THE MONEY GRAB to me. What are Paul Giamatti and Vince Vaughn thinking? They have a pretty good track record recently for picking movies, so I will reserve judgment, but this preview frightens me.


ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS


My Take: Ingrid Bergman could come back from the dead and offer me her mind body and soul and I would not watch this. THAT'S POOP ALVIN IS EATING, PEOPLE!!!!



THE GAME PLAN


My take: There comes a point where every action star has to do one of these switch-up movies to prove they can be family friendly too. I don't know why, but we have THE NANNY and that dumb-ass Vin Diesel movie (that I refuse to look up the title for) to show for it. To my knowledge there has only been one successful attempt at this. "It's not a tumor!"



SUPERBAD (or, watch R-Rated Trailer here)



My Take - Hell yeah! I am way way way excited about this movie. I predict it will be the new NAPOLEON DYNAMITE. I also predict "I am McLovin" will become the phrase of the fall. (Catch that R-Rated trailer if you can. The extra thirty seconds are worth it.)

I saved the best four trailers for last, SO COME BACK SOON!!!

No comments: