Friday, August 31, 2007

Domie's Lasts


[Hyperion’s Note: I wrote a column called One Last Thing Before I Go several years ago, and re-posted it a few days ago. In conjunction with doing so I asked the members of Monkey Barn to answer the questions themselves and answer it.]


I had time in ICU back in January - and again yesterday in the waiting room. Well, some of these did pass through my mind in January as things I'd never get to do (thank God I survived to read HP7) and I took my waiting room time to list for our dear OverLord (love ya), along w/ knit a few scarfs.

Last meal: Some exquisite 9 course meal – if I’m dieing who cares about the diet!
Last restaurant: Brazilian Steak (Sal Grosso) – again why diet now?
Last movie: All of the Harry Potters J
Last book: All of the Harry Potters
Last TV show: West Wing
Last game to watch: Steelers winning their next Super Bowl
Last game to play: Clue
Last album: Michael Buble
Last Song: Hmmm – something by Buble – Best Is Yet To Come
Last Piece of Art: my master piece – something colorful, abstract and poignant
Last thing to write: a letter to my loved ones
Last letter: the E when I sign off the letter to Mathieu
Last thing to do: Tell those I love that I love them / say Good-bye
Last Wish: That those I love are safe & well
Last Words: “Amen” – hopefully I’ll receive “anointing of the sick” (aka last rites to some)

This assumes I'd have time to do all of that...but since we don't know when our last is, make it count!! I urge y'all to not pass up an opportunity to tell a loved one that you care.

No comments: