Friday, August 03, 2007

Trailer Review (Part 1 of 3)

Yesterday I saw 2 movies, which meant 12 trailers! I wanted to do quick little reviews of the trailers, as to whether they did a good job of attracting the audience they are going for, and whether the movie looks good.


ACROSS THE UNIVERSE


My take - This will either be a Best Picture nominee or it will totally suck. Not sure there's a middle ground. The cast list on IMDB is massive, which means quite a project, I'm guessing. I'm betting this movie will cause strong reactions both ways



ENCHANTED


My take - The trailer is funny enough, but the only way I'd watch it is if Kaida offered me rewards or if Amy Adams swore an affidavit to get naked in her next three movies.


RUSH HOUR 3 - Been there, done that. If you want to watch the trailer be my guest.



AUGUST RUSH



My take - Another movie obviously going for "big moments" that will either work or not. The trailer came across cliched, and Robin Williams in a cowboy hat just screams "GIVE ME AN OSCAR NOMINATION," but I have hopes it's just the trailer people.

1 comment:

Sea Hag said...

they all seem kinda craptacular to me.