Monday, August 27, 2007

Lady Jane's last...

[Hyperion’s Note: I wrote a column called One Last Thing Before I Go several years ago, and re-posted it a few days ago. In conjunction with doing so I asked the members of Monkey Barn to answer the questions themselves and answer it.]


Last meal:
I gave this one the most thought, because I am a food junkie. I love all sorts of food, and my favorite 'meals' are a bunch of small plates that are tasty. What to do? So I decided that it's going to be a hodgepodge of tapas-like dishes. Don't worry, I'll eat it all.

To start, POTSTICKERS and a big dish of potsticker sauce. Then, I'll follow it with a Michigan salad (lettuce, dried cherries, toasted pine nuts, gargonzola cheese and a raspberry vinagrette)

Next, a plate of cheeses, salamis and bread with olive oil and roasted garlic. Then a pasta dish with my homemade spaghetti sauce and a cup of my homemade minestrone soup.

Finally, my cheesecake. The whole darn thing.

Last restaurant: The tapas place in Quebec City, my first 'date' with Lord Mullet.

Last movie: Anything with Will Ferrell. I heart Will, and I figure it'll be nice to go out laughing.

Last book: "Love in the Time of Cholera"-which, btw, I heard is being made into a movie. Yikes, I hope it's good.

Last TV show: I'm going to kill the TV with a chainsaw and a couple grams of C4 on my last day, so...I guess my last TV show will be "The explosion and utter destruction of TV"

Last game to watch: UM...kicking OSU ass.

Last game to play: Chess

Last album: Another toughie, because I love me some music. What do to? "Elephant" by the White Stripes just barely beat "Cold Roses" by Ryan Adams.

Last Song: "Magnolia Mountain" by Ryan Adams...it's a great mix of old Americana with some awesome Dead-like riffs. The boy does earn HIS DAY with this song.

" I want to be the bluebird singing
Singing to the roses in her yard
The roses in her yard her father grew for her
It's been raining that Tennessee honey
So long I got too heavy to fly
Ain't no bluebird ever gets too heavy to sing"

Last Piece of Art: Anything from the Catalan region

Last thing to write: I dunno what I'd write, I'd LIKE TO THINK that I'd be too busy doing my favorite things instead. Maybe I'd write a letter to my niece, telling her how proud I am of her and all the wonderful things I wish for her.

Last letter: Z. Obviously.

Last thing to do: Kiss Lord Mullett

Last Wish: World Peace

Last Words: "I love you too. Bye bye." (It's how we end our phone calls, our evenings, any time we are separated, in my family. I like it.)

3 comments:

Dragon said...

I'm surprised your last kiss isn't with Ryan Adams. :)

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Har har har. He's got ciggy-breath. Ewwww, gross (at least to me).

Hyperion said...

This isn't a bad list. I would wish it for you, but I guess that's not right, eh?