Monday, July 03, 2006

Bender Queries

Okay, so I'm sure that no one cares about this other than me, but dammit; I care!

So here goes:

On an episode of Futurama I saw they go to a forbidden planet to retrieve all 79 episodes of the original Star Trek.

Anyway, at one point Bender says, "Forbidden shmer-shmidden!"

Now, here's my question: Did Bender say it right? If not, should it be "Forbidden Shmerbidden!"

Or

"Forbidden ForShmidden!"

Even though the last is unconventional, I kinda like it because it places the empahsis on the second to last syllable, which is where we usually use the "shm" in the phrase.

But what do you think?

Hyperion

3 comments:

Tracy Lynn said...

I'm thinking shmerbidden would be the classic response.

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

other examples:

Gloves-schmoves
Umbrella-schmella
work-schmerk

Bender is clearly from some foreign planet where we speak nonsense words incorrectly.

Sea Hag said...

I personally think that Forbidden Forschmidden sounds better.

Also I read where they're going to start making new episodes of Futurama. Sweet!