Saturday, July 22, 2006

My thanks to all for your patience...

Recent weeks have been very, very hectic. My father-in-law was in hospital for surgery to remove two (I think it was a buy one, get one free deal) tumors from his brain, one of them rawther close to a big ole artery on the brain stem. My father is currently putting on weight after dropping down from over 200 to around 135 lbs, at times catatonic and other times delirious (and dangerous) due to some serious blood sugar maintenance issues.

The good news is that both are now busy recovering. F-I-L is awake, talking, eating, and working through some disconcerting visual issues (he sees clearly, but everything is doubled. weird). Dad is back up to 170 lbs and can travel resonably comfortably again, and was out here briefly last weekend for his grandson's dedication.

And, of course, Jedi is coming up on 8 months old, rolling over and crawling backward (lunging and falling forward, but not actually crawlling forward yet), pooping up a storm, resisting suggestions for bedtime, and cutting a few more teeth.

What I mean to say is, it ain't always easy, but life really is pretty good, huh?

Peace all.

5 comments:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Life is good, indeed. Your family is in my thoughts 'Jax.

tiff said...

I have no history at all with you, and yet I am so happy to hear your news.

My best to you and yours for a lengthy continuation of your recent upswing in fortunes.

Dragon said...

You and your family are in my prayers. Glad to hear things are looking brighter.

Tracy Lynn said...

You and your family are in my prayers as well. Dragon always says the good stuff first.

Skittles said...

You and your's are in my prayers as well. Life is indeed beautiful, sometimes it seems more so after a rough patch.