Friday, July 14, 2006

Hot Potato Campfire Story (section 4)

Part 16:

"You will die. Turn back now", mouthed the creature. He gave Tigger a grin that made Tigger's skin crawl. Tigger shook and looked around for the flight attendant.

"Where are they, damn it."

Tigger looked out the window and he saw nothing. The creatures were gone; no trace of them anywhere and no damage done to the wing. Was he dreaming?

The flight attendant finally appeared and smiled sweetly at Tigger.

"What can I do for you, little man.", she asked.

"Umm", Tigger said as he glanced out the window. He was unsure of himself. "Ummm, how soon do we land?”

"We'll be landing in 10 minutes. Oh and by the way, your uncle Charlie will be waiting for you when we land.” the flight attendant said as she turned to walk away.

"Excuse me? My uncle?” Tigger asked.

"Yes, your name is Tigger, right?"

"Yes", Tigger answered suspiciously.

"Your uncle Charlie left word that he'd be picking you up."

"Oh, ok. Thank you.” Tigger replied. Uncle? I have an Uncle Charlie? How did he know I was on the flight? No one noticed me getting on the plane. Now, Tigger was frightened. Who are these people? What the hell is happening to me?

The plane landed without any complications and Tigger was the last to leave the plane. He walked out past the gate and waited. He wasn't sure what he was waiting for but he waited. He looked around the sea of faces to see if he could recognize anyone. He found no one. He was about to walk away when he felt a strong hand on his shoulder.

"Hello, little nephew. I don't suppose you remember me?” said a gravel voice man.

Tigger shook and looked up slowly. "Are you Uncle Charlie?"

No comments: