1. (POLITICS; 7 points) What year did Kim Campbell become Prime Minister?
2. (ADVERTISING; 8) What company, through their advertising, is primarily responsible for the modern concept of Santa Claus, with the beard, the red suit, the whole nine?
3. (BIBLE; 7) What letters were on the cross above Jesus’s head?
4. (MOVIES; 10/2) In the movie MIRACLE ON
5. (COMICS; 8) What town did Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead live in?
6. (COMPOSERS; 8) George Frideric Handel, composer of the famous Messiah, was born in what country?
7. (HISTORY, 8) On
8. (LITERATURE; 9) Also called “A Visit From St. Nicholas,” who wrote the poem “The Night Before Christmas”?
9. (GEOGRAPHY; 8) What is the highest point in
10. (MUSIC; 8) In the song Jingle Bells, what is the name of the horse?
11. (MEDICINE; 7) Who is credited with discovering the vaccine for polio?
12. (HISTORY; 12/2) How many branches (for candles) are on a traditional menorah, and for extra credit, what do lighting these candles symbolize? (6 points per answer)
13. (LYRICS; 7) Give me the song from the following lyrics: “I stopped to see a weeping willow, crying on his pillow, maybe he’s crying for me.”
14. (MOVIES; 8) What is the number one Christmas movie of all time: (ELF, HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS, POLAR EXPRESS, THE SANTA CLAUSE)
15. (ROYALTY; 15/3) Who were the three ruling monarchs of the house of
16. (TV; 12/3) In A Charlie Brown Christmas, one of the characters gets on stage and quotes from the Bible. Four points for the character, four points for the book, and four points for the chapter.
17. (TV; 10/2) Who are Dingbat and Meathead better known as?
18. (MUSIC; 8) Before “Candle in the Wind” took the top spot, after the death of Princess Diana, what holiday song was the best-selling single of all time?
19. (MOVIES; 10/2) According to the movie SOUND OF MUSIC (not real life), what were the names of the Von Trapp children; 2 points per answer
20. (MUSIC; 8/2) In The Twelve Days of Christmas, what are there 8 and 10 of?
Bonus: Christmas Characters
Given the five Christmas Characters, give me the Christmas work they come from:
The King of Mice