Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Vegas: A Retrospective

Well, I would tell you all about the adventures I had in Las Vegas, but you know the rule. Let's just say it involved a plastic Viking helmet, a lot of Mardi Gras beads, and me nearly puking on about $600 worth of prime rib at Lawry's Steak House. Oh, and I did go to In N Out. Yum yum.

But I can at least tell you about the plane ride! On the way there, they were showing 'Cinderella Man'. Now, I have a rule about watching movies on airplanes, which is that I don't watch movies on airplanes. It never fails that I'm sitting in the seat that is right under a screen, or too far away from one. And in general, the movie selection ranks pretty high on the scale of suckitude. But mostly, there's too much commotion for me to really be absorbed in a movie. People leave their shades up, there's talking and moving around and screaming children and flight attendants asking you what kind of drink you want. But it was a long flight and I'd never seen 'Cinderella Man' before, and I'm pretty sure it was going to get nominated for a bunch of stuff, so I gave it a shot.

It was a great movie! Honestly, it was just 'Rocky: The Depression Years' for those of you who haven't seen it, but I really liked it. Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger were OK, but I think the story itself was what made it so good, not necessarily the leading actors. However, Paul Giamatti was fabulous (and to my eternal shame I couldn't think of his name while I was watching it, all I could come up with was 'the guy who played Pig Vomit' from the Howard Stern movie) and I hope he gets wins a lot of awards.

Anyway, I really got into this movie, despite the people around me, the fact that the movie screen would black out every so often, or the fact that they interrupted the final boxing scene to announce (three times) that we had our choices of Sun Chips, peanuts, cheese and crackers, cookies, and chewy granola bars for snacks.

Love,
Sea Hag

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Sun Chips - thanks for flying Delta and keeping my job safe for now.

Anonymous said...

So - cookies or chewy granola - what snack did you choose?

A word to the the nation - please continue to fly Delta we like to have Koz working - plus it is a good airline.

Sea Hag said...

I got the cookies, by the way.