Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Paypal Explanation



I got a couple of emails asking what the Visa button was for, and others asking what I did with the (so far largely nonexistent) money.

The Visa sign will take you to Paypal, where I have an account, that allows Readers to donate via credit card should they so desire.

As to what I do with the money, that's easy: I spend it on you people. Writing is my primary job, and it doesn't happen by accident. If you've been reading awhile, you know that I write a lot of my columns at Denny's, because I like the atmosphere. Since I don't get paid to write, these donations are my only income.

This is why I have worked so hard lately to get mulitple sites up, so that you would have a lot to choose from when you come here each day. Also, I'm hoping you'll tell your friends. Between the (by Thursday) 8 different sites, I think you can find something you'll come for every day. And maybe if you appreciate the site, and realize how much work goes into it, you'll slip us a few bucks. We might even name a character in a story after you (although chances are the character will get killed, but still).

Anyway, that's what's up. I was going to do a top ten list today with the ten best reasons to donate, but that seemed too tacky...at least for today. There's always tomorrow.

No comments: