Thursday, December 22, 2005

How many Calories are in this thing?

I was riding in the car with a friend of mine and we were listening to the latest System of a Down album, Hypnotize, when the music came to a track that he really liked. The song was called "Vicinity of Obscenity" and the phrase "terracotta pie" is repeated many times throughout it. When I asked my friend what a terracotta pie was, he had no idea. Now I know that terra cotta is some kind of plaster or clay used in pottery (I may be a little off on that), and when I googled (is that word in the dictionary yet?) "terra cotta pie" I found several sites with actual pie dishes made from terra cotta. Frankly, this seems a little tame for a rock band to be talking about, and my guess is that the phrase is slang. I think it has something to do with drugs. At least, I wouldn't be surprised, considering that the lyrics don't make a lot of sense in the first place (although the music was catchy). Anyone know what "terracotta pie" is, and why would they keep referring to bananas in the song?

Bear

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't be as good as key lime pie, whatever it is.

Sea Hag said...

Look it up on http://www.urbandictionary.com

Joseph Boyd said...

That would have been a totally kickass idea, but it's not defined yet.

Sea Hag said...

well...did you try wikipedia or songmeanings.net?