Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The joy of giving

So, I got this call last night from a friend who's just gotten a package from me in the mail. 'Tis the season, so he figured it was his Christmas pressie. Right he was. Now this part surprised me, he asked me if he could open it. I thought that was so sweet & cute. For some reason, I think that any gift you get via mail, you can open the day you get it UNLESS otherwise expressed. (feel free to weigh in on this, for I am now curious.) But it was great cause I got to hear how happy is was with his pressie and hear his happiness as it was openned which was like getting a gift myself. I like that feeling of giving a gift and having it enjoyed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any gift you get in the mail can be opened immediately according to the US Postal Service.

Sea Hag said...

Any gift that comes in the mail can not be opened immediately, according to my parents.