Friday, November 25, 2005

Achmed

If you looked out on the Institute home page, you'll see I reposted the column about my brother, because today is his birthday.

For months I've been writing inflammatory things about him in the hopes he' respond, but he never did, and I concluded that he wasn't reading (because he doesn't love me), and just gave up.

So Wednesday, coincidentally, I posted something about him, and low and behold this comment pops up (you can go see for yourself if you don't believe me:)

blogger? I just met her! said...

Note to editor: the Jerry McGuire anecdote is apocryphal at best. Achmed has never even seen that movie, and he certainly would never tell a girl how he actually felt, had he. This entry is dangerously close to libel.


Now, this sounds suspiciously like Achmed. He loves that sort of clever humor in the name (I wonder how being clever's working out for him), and the ridiculous threat could only come from someone desperate to hide the truth. So to you, commenter, whomever you be, I say this: you're lucky I didn't give ALL the details, and count yourself VERY lucky I don't tell the story of Jocelyn and the one about the missing shoes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Achmed