Monday, November 14, 2005

Couch Gags

Speaking of MC Escher,

I was considering, when Simpsons week returns to Rank Everything, doing a ‘Best Couch Gags” list. It be hard to top the brilliance of the MC Escher one. However, did you see The Simpsons last night? That might be, nay, I say it is the best of all time.

Added to last week’s stellar Halloween Ep (first time they hit that one out of the park in awhile) and The Simpsons is going through a real renaissance.

I usually tape Simpsons through Family Guy and watch it when I can. Last week’s Family Guy is arguably the funniest ever. Did you see the opening, with Osama Bin Laden trying to make a “Death to America” video, but his buddies keep cracking him up? Hilarious.

The dilemma is that to get both Simpsons and Family Guy, I have to also tape The War at Home, easily the worst comedy in years. I wrote about this several months ago: it’s a train wreck. The subject matter is beyond inappropriate for family viewing, the acting is bad, the laughs worse than canned, and that’s the good part.

And yet, I keep watching it? What’s wrong with me? Am I just too lazy to fast forward? Or am I drawn, like some sort of train wreck?

No comments: