Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Now Introducing.....

The other day I said one of my readers had sent me the bestest gift in the mail. I didn't tell you what it was, but then I had dinner with Ajax and his wife Elsa and Ajax said I had to tell you all what it was and he's right.

It's a dragon.


Now, I know what some of you are thinking. Am I better than you just because I now have the coolest dragon on earth? No, not at all. I was better than you before the dragon. But if I hadn't been, this would tip the scales.

He has real teeth and scales, and his wings are very soft, as is his underbelly, which likes to be rubbed, though he'd never admit it. Perhaps best of all, he's partially tie-dyed, in case he ever decides to go under cover at a hippie convention.

Now, as to names, I believe you don't name something yourself, but figure out what its true name really is. (For example, Ajax and Elsa are about to have a child, and I have a feeling that child's name is baby Hypey.)

For my dragon, there are three names I think MIGHT be his, but I'm not sure. So, I'm giving you a chance to weigh in. Don't tell me what you think I should call him. However, if you look at the dragon and a true name reveals itself, feel free to share.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Elsa and I are currently unaware of our baby's gender (we're staying in the dark on that one until the mini pod person emerges), we typically call him/her the non-specific 'Monkey'. I'm not certain where this came from, but it's slightly more pleasant than refering to it as 'Lump' or 'Lumpy' (my first choice).

Post emergence, Monkey will be remonikered. If she's a girl, Hanna Grace. If he's a boy, Caleb Marshall. Neither of which make for very good dragon names.

No Baby Hypey project is currently in the works at this time. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is one very handsome dragon. Someone must really like you, Hypey.

Anonymous said...

BTW, I think this little dragon's name could be Anguis. It is a Latin name meaning dragon.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking 'Galeru' the Rainbow Serpent.