Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Promise Kept

You can't believe the number of things that piled up over the last few days, some of which are no longer valid or have expired. Such is life. I'll get to as many as I can over the next seven days. (Which, if you can't count, means that Hyperionthinkstoomuch WILL run through the weekend with new material instead of taking the day off. More on that in a minute.)

I was very frustrated at the lack of cooperation from people when I all I asked was for a single bar joke from regulars who normally don't respond. To get absolutely nothing almost felt like a conspiracy. Perhaps my readers are all spies for the Magic Pygmy Rabbits, I thought.

Anyway, what at first I thought would be at most a 1 day standoff stretched day after day, and forced me to contemplate life without this site. And, surprisingly, it made me realize that it's time to retire this particular venue in this format. So, you asked for a big announcement, and you got it: Hyperion Thinks Too Much will have its last post next Monday. After that it will be no more. There are four new sites coming on board (with luck and prayer by Monday), so you'll hardly miss it. Anyway, there you go. Be sure to check in next Monday to see the last one.

[And for those of you bitching that I didn't have the announcment in the afternoon, you misread the words. After noon means after 12:00 pm. Whatever time you're reading this certainly qualifies as "after noon." Yes, I realize it's a loophole, but in the words of Adolf Hitler, "don't hate."]

No comments: