Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The flag at half mast for cool

Received several applications for the Seventh Contributor. I'm extending the Deadline to Saturday morning, to give me more time to decide. If you think you have what it takes, write me an email and explain why.

Anyway, I've been meaning to do this for some time, but Koz's post reminded me: We need some new words for "cool." It's just getting overused. I introduced 'Deck,' which is well and good, but we need some more.

The obvious candidates are:

Shiny (FIREFLY)

Dragon (clearly there's nothing cooler than a dragon)

Frosty (off-shoot of cool)

Blazed or Blazing (off-shoot of hot)

Copa (short for Copacetic, an old word meaning 'A-ok')

There are more, but I'll wait.

Anway, what I'm looking for are suggestions for replacing cool. Send emails, as I've been too busy to check the comments with any consistency these days.

No comments: