Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Constant Gardener


It's truly a rare event when I get to see 2 movies in less than a weeks time. Last night I saw The Constant Gardener. Broken down to the basics this is a love story and it was very well acted. These are the only good things I have to say about this movie. Getting to the meat of the movie it was nothing more than left wing propaganda. This movie basically blames The White House and big Drug Companies for the propagation of AIDS in Africa. What a load of horseshit. This movie basically says that the Drug Companies mark the drugs up so high that Africans can't afford them and that big Government is getting a cut - while I hate big Drug Companies and I don't disagree with this statement, this is not the reason for the spread of AIDS in Africa. AIDS has reached epidemic proportions in Africa because of 2 basic reasons Sex and Illegal Drugs - not because of Drug Companies and Government. For these reasons I refuse to give this movie any type of review and will let Hyperion give you a review when he gets to see the movie.

See this movie if you want to not because I told you to.

3 comments:

Hyperion said...

I did see this movie (the review is in MovieHype), and I can't imagine how you could have gotten the plot so wrong. I saw it with Ajax, and he's not making up the central premise. I liked it more than he did, but we both were moved by the central idea: that drug companies and anybody else who wants to can take advantage of Africans because...what are they going to do about it. At least they're getting noticed. I urge you to go back and watch it again if you still have it.

http://movie-hype.blogspot.com/2005/09/00608-constant-gardener.html

Hyperion said...

Hey, don't blame us just because you're not smart enough to pull the plot together, and instead just assumed it was a left-wing attack. It's not our fault your mother drank Wild Turkey from the tap when you were in utero. (That means pregnant, in case you were planning on misunderstanding this post like you do movies.)

Anonymous said...

What a great site
»