Monday, January 02, 2006

Engagement

The Story of Hyperion's Engagement.


It started Saturday night, which, if you will recall, was Hyperion's 30th birthday. I bought materials to make Graitch, which I've written about before. In fact, more than once, more than twice, more than three times, even.

Anyway, this time the Graitch became SUPER GRAITCH.

This is what I did.

I used three packages of jello (it was store brand, but that's what everyone calls it, so I am too). Normally I do one package GRApe and one package peaCH (hence the name). This time I did one Grape and two Peach, because I figured the grape was stronger.
(sometimes the purple is just too strong)

As you know, you need one cup boiling water to one cup cold water. Since I had three packages, I should have had three cups boiling water, but I cheated and only used two. This meant I had to make up the liquid on the cold end, but that is where the flavor is!

I used two cups of ginger ale and two cups of sparking cranberry soda. My mom helped me by cutting up a mango and three nectarines. We put it all together and set it out on the back porch. This allowed the Graitch to set, but also because it was so cold outside the Graitch became super cold, almost frozen, but not quite (like it would be in the freezer).

About 11:15 it was time to serve. I tasted the Graitch and immediately realized it was beyond anything even I had made, and I'm me.

I once told myself that if I ever tasted anything so good it made me forget my own name, I would immediately get down on one knee and propose. Well, I always keep my word, so after eating the Super Graitch I had no choice but to get down on one knee and ask me to marry me.

I accepted.

You should see the rock.

(What? You thought a diamond? Why? I can bash in heads with this baby!)


Anyway, I hope that I will be happy with me, and I'll keep you posted.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God! I'm glad I don't have to add another name to the list of people to have taken out. I'd have had to bump "her" to the top of the list! If it's not to me, then you are the next best option.

Hugs - Kisses - Licks - and more.

Sea Hag said...

Does this make me the 'other woman' now?

Sea Hag said...

Does it make me a bad person to actually like the idea of being the 'other woman'?