Monday, January 16, 2006

Overcompensating rules

I've really been getting into webcomics lately (as you can probably tell with my new obsession with T-Rex). I just wish I had the talent to do one myself. Last year Laureate got me all excited about a project where I would do the writing and he'd do the drawing, we got it all set up, and then he backs out to spend time with his wife. What a jerk, huh?

Anyway, one of the webcomics I've been getting into lately is OVERCOMPENSATING. If you start at the beginning, the first six months are especially hysterical. It's about the dude's life, more or less. (He has another actual webcomic he does that I haven't had time to get into yet.)


Sometimes (actually often), I find his comments below the comics even funnier, like the one he had on December 26.

Dear Xmas,

You were yesterday. So how come when I went to the post office today to drop off a couple of buckets of packages the post office was closed? I am going to have to re-date about 50 packages because you still think it's still you. After that I went to get some beer. Guess what? Beer is not sold on the day after Xmas here. It's Monday, and some of us need to work and failing that, get drunk. But I bet if I was speeding I'd get a ticket, wouldn't I, Xmas? Before I was just bummed out because of you, Xmas. Now I am extremely mad at you. Xmas, I am breaking up with you. If you call me again I'll call the police.

Love,
Jeffrey Rowland




If you do go, to that page (he archives by week), check out the hilarious take on G. Bush.

No comments: