Tuesday, January 17, 2006

National Geographic Videos of the Year

National Geographic released their top ten videos of the year. I think I may have linked a couple of these before, but they're worth it.

Today: 10-6


#10 Red Tailed Hawk vs. Diamondback Rattler. My favorite move is the "matador."

#9 In search of the Red Devil Squid. This one is kind of long, and may not interest you, but it gave me the creeps. I hate squid. Mark my words; one day they'll come for us.

#8 Hurrican Katrina. Animation of how the storm formed. This one is lame, and we've all seen enough of that bitch.

#7 Africa Mega Flyover. These dudes flew over every inch of Africa taking pictures every twenty seconds. The video details how humans are pushing into virtually every area once only populated by animals, and how sometimes humans and animals coexist, and most of the time they do not. It's a really cool project, but unfortunately it's presented very boringly, and the Monkey Barn Audience is a cruel mistresss, so we'll skip that one.

#6. Drinking your Own Urine to prevent disease. NowTHIS is much more the Monkey Barn speed. Is drinking your own urine the way to cure you of all ills? I have heard this interesting theory on why girls live longer (having to do with Vitamin C), but I'll let it go in case Harriet is reading.

Tomorrow we'll have the rest.

No comments: